Chill Skills for Kids classes
What is Chill Skills about?
The Chill Skills for Kids program is a gentle, fun way for children to learn how to;
- Identify & manage emotions
- Learn about positive self-talk
- Find different ways to be calm & relaxed
- Build self- esteem
- Create confidence
What do we do in a class?
- Movement, such as gentle stretching and yoga
- We show kids how to imagine their worries away
- Listen to a relaxing story; this assists their nervous system to wind down
- Activities such as clay, plasticine or drawing, which assists with self-expression
- We talk about how worry can store in the body, and how to use Chill Skills to release it
- The kids learn about emotions and how to identify them
- The kids learn about positive self-talk, e.g., how to create a positive thought such as “I am calm” or “I am confident”
How long do the classes run for?
- Run as a 6 week program during school terms
- Each class usually runs for 1 hour
- Most kids come back to do Chill Skills for at least two terms, with many continuing for over a year
What is the feedback from parents?
Typical feedback from parents about their child’s behaviour since attending Chill Skills classes has been the following;
- They noticed a positive change in child’s behaviour, where they now think before they react
- Improvement in sleeping patterns
- An improvement in confidence and self-esteem
- Increased levels of happiness & wellbeing
- The child’s school teacher may also notice an improvement in their behaviour
What brings kids to Chill Skills?
- Parents seeking natural solutions to help their kids deal with stress & anxiety.
- Some of the situations that can lead to anxiety & stress in kids are;
- Change, e.g., new home, school, stepfamilies, parents separating
- Loss of a loved one such as a parent or grandparent, which can cause grief
- Not enough creative play at home
Where can I find a class?
Please go to our classes page